There are many reasons for online retailers to be optimistic about the future of online retail. Here are some consumers’ reasons for buying online, in their own words:
1) Better Prices: You get cheap deals and better prices from online stores because products come to you directly from the manufacturer or seller without middlemen involved. Many online shops offer discount coupons and rebates.
2) Convenience:You don’t have to wait in a line or wait until the store clerk helps you with your purchases. You can do your shopping in minutes even if you are busy. Apart from saving time and avoiding crowds, online shops give us the opportunity to shop 24/7 and also reward us with ‘no-pollution’ shopping.
3) Variety:You can get several brands and products from different sellers, all in one place. You can get in on the latest international trends without spending money on travel; you can shop from retailers in other parts of the world without being limited by geographic area. Online stores offer a far greater selection of colours and sizes than you will find locally. If you find that the product you need is out of stock online, you can take your business to another online store where the product is available.
4) Fewer Expenses:When we shop online in the comfort of our own homes, we alleviate many expenses associated with a shopping trip, such as, gas costs, toll fees, etc.
5) Comparison of Prices:Online shopping makes it possible to compare and research products and prices from different sellers. Online stores also give you the ability to share information and reviews with other shoppers who have first-hand experience with a product or retailer.
6) Crowds:Most persons like to avoid the crowds when shopping. Crowds force us to be hasty and also create a problem when it comes to finding a parking spot near your desired store and also when going back to your vehicle later encumbered with shopping bags.
7) Compulsive Shopping:Many times when we go out shopping, we end up buying things we do not require because of a store clerk’s upselling skills or those ‘conveniently’ placed products at checkout. Other times we’re forced to compromise on our choices due to a lack of products to choose from.
8) Discreet Purchases:“Some things are better done in privacy. Online shopping enables me to purchase undergarments and lingerie or adult toys without the embarrassment or scrutiny from onlookers.” (Melissa M.)